Monday, August 13, 2012

13 Aug 2012


Dear Family,                                         13 Aug 2012
That’s so exciting that Eleanor was born!  I contributed that name by the way and I’m definitely a fan of the choice. haha
I’ve been getting to know my companion a little better this week.  She is crazy!  In a good way...really spunky and upbeat.  She’s been telling me a lot about the island where she was born and the culture is really interesting. I attached a picture of her greatgrandma with her normal everyday outfit.  She told me that her grandma doesn’t even know what a car looks like.  Just to give me an idea of what it’s like there.  The culture sounds really beautiful and very much preserved.  And the clothing they use is really cool.  Hermana Hartman speaks Cuna and Spanish.  She was telling me about the religious beliefs of her people on the island and how it’s really similar to the doctrine of the Church.  They believe that Christ came to the Americas and they also teach something really similar to the plan of salvation.
So I've also been getting to know branch a little better too.  I found out that I'm Young Womens President and Sunday School teacher for the youth.  It’s going to be quite the balancing act but I’m glad to be here.  The Branch President and his wife are wonderful.  I’ll write more about them next week.  

All my love,
Hermana Jackson


No comments:

Post a Comment