Monday, December 3, 2012

Last email on the misión


Dearest Family,               3 Dec 2012
Wow, how weird is this…writing you my last email on the misión.  I have been so blessed to have been able to finish my misión here in Roble Oeste.  Jose Alvaro received the priesthood yesterday and he´s going to bless the sacrament next week.  He is really excited and happy to be a member of the church.  The members have been so good about reaching out to him and he´s made a big effort to get to know all of them. He gave the most beautiful and sincere testimony in his baptism.  He truly has been converted in so many ways.  Yesterday we visited him and taught about temples and family history.  We really didn´t have to teach him because he had already started his genealogy tree with 5 generations and he´s now in the process of finding their birthdates and all of that so that he can do baptisms for them when they open the temple.  The open house should be in February and they´re planning on dedicating it in March but it’s still not set in Stone.  The Jerezano family is progressing really well.  Angel has recognized the spirit a lot in the lessons.  He and his wife told us they want to be baptized as a family in December when their daughter gets back from the states.  They want us to teach her so that they can all be baptized together.  They went to a Ward activity this Saturday and we did a tour of the church for the investigators so that they could see what we do in all of the organizations of the church.  The Jerezano family had a really good time and I think they feel more comfortable with the church and the members.  They are such a special family.  I´m kind of bummed I won´t be here for their baptism but I’m just so grateful I was able to know them and help guide them in their path.
 I´ve been reflecting a lot lately about the experiences I’ve had in my misión and the people I’ve come to know and I think about how Heavenly father puts certain people in our lives and puts us in the lives of others for a specific purpòse and for our spiritual growth.  The Lord has prepared a way for all of his children to return to His presence.  He loves every single one of us.  Every soul has such great worth.  The góspel allows us to reach our potential and find true happiness and Heavenly Father is constantly preparing his children to receive it.  I know that Jesus Christ is our redeemer and that this is his true
Church.  I´m so grateful for having had the opportunity to serve in this great work for a Little time.
Love you all,
Can’t wait to see you soon.
Hermana Jackson

1 comment:

  1. Rachel, I have been blessed to read most of your emails from your mission. being able to do this is such an uplift and really helps me remember the Big Picture of the gospel and Zion, and keeps me remembering what I need to remember about all our part in the work, here or there. I love the way you served so much. I love you!

    ReplyDelete