Monday, September 19, 2011

12 Sep 2011

Dear Family, 12 Sep 2011

First of all Happy Birthday Brian and Ruth! I hope you have great birthdays! And dad, snail mail is just as good as dear elder. Thanks! So yesterday Dagoberto came to church again! Yay, that’s 3 times in a row. And he´s been reading every reading assignment I give him in the Book of Mormon. The only problem is that he is not in our area and he is supposed to attend another chapel. And the Elders need to be teaching him and not us. But he says that he wants us to teach him. It’s a bit of a problem. We´re praying he can become detached from us and accept the Elders. This week Honduras celebrated something called Children’s Day. It’s basically where all the kids get to have a party. Luckys! I think you should all get this tradition started in the US so it’s in full swing when I get back. So this week I started to get a cold. One night it was giving me a really hard time. We went back to the house so I could take some Airborne and I was so tempted to stay and rest because I was not feeling well! But I decided to give it a go and we got a reference from one of the members who is 14. Her friend just had a baby and it’s been pretty hard on her mom. We shared the restoration message with her and her husband and they were really touched by it. It was really rewarding. I know that the Lord blesses us when we make sacrifices. Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven. I’ve learned that a lot this week.

Ok, gotta go.

Sorry so short!

Love you all!

Hermana Jackson

And here’s a photo of the women we baptized the other week. I’ll try to explain more next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment