Tuesday, September 6, 2011

5 Sep 2011

Dear Family, 5 Sep 2011

Thanks for the emails. I love hearing from you all! But sometimes I don´t have time to read them as thoroughly as I would like. Do you think you could copy and paste what you write to me in a dear elder so I can eventually read with more time to enjoy it? Keep the emails coming though. I love hearing the recent updates. And Dad happy birthday!!!! I realized that it was coming up after last week’s e mail. Sorry I didn´t send you wishes earlier but it sounded like a lot of fun. And send my wishes to George too! How awesome that Becca got to go on the boat! That’s so fun.

Ok, so I’ve got 5 minutes now. Sorry this is going to be a shortie but here´s the latest.

We had cambios last week. I don´t even remember that missionary term in English but yeah, turns out I’m here in Comayagua another 6 weeks. I’m happy about that. This area is great and the members are wonderful. Although we do a ton of walking. All of our visits are super far from each other. Our zone leaders suggested this week that we look for a new house or apartment closer to our work. So we’ve been doing a little house hunting lately. Also we had 3 baptisms this week! We were not expecting that one, but the lord has his plans and opens the way for his children to receive these important covenants in their lives. We baptized Hna Lorena and her daughter and her sister Hna Reinita. I have lots of pictures from this week but can´t send them on this computer. Hopefully next week. Also we did splits for the first time this week where I went on my own with a member. I thought I was going to die because I had to lead the way and remember where people lived and direct the lessons and all that. And I had to prepare one of our investigators for their baptismal interview. Scary! But it ended up being a good experience and my temp. companion was really good.

Well, that’s all I have time for today, but I’ll try to write more next week.

I’m glad to hear things are going well and I love you all!

Hermana Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment