Monday, December 19, 2011

Feliz Navidad

Dearest Family, 19 Dec 2011

Feliz Navidad!!!! I hope you are all enjoying the Christmas season. I'm so exited to talk to you all this week!! So, I tried to figure out what day I can call you but my leaders said we have to wait till our meeting with the president to find out. But they told me I get to call you some time in the week for just one minute to tell you what when and at what time. It would be great if you could call me but I’ll let you know when I call you. I'm going to try to do everything I can to call you guys Saturday morning. Alright, I only have a few minutes to write. ..aahhhh! But I had a really great experience I want to share and hopefully I can write enough to do it justice. So we are teaching a girl named Denia. She is 22 years old and we set a baptism date for her this Saturday but until this week she still wasn't sure if she knew the church was true. She has been reading the Book of Mormon and praying and said she hadn't received an answer yet. So we invited her kneel down with us and pray right then and there to find out if it was true. So she did and wasn't sure. Then I asked her how she expected to receive her answer and she said she wasn't sure but maybe through a dream or something. So we explained to her what the holy ghost feels like read D and C 9:7 through 9 and while she was reading she looked at us with a surprised look on her face and said whoa! I feel like my heart got split open but it doesn’t hurt and that something warm is being poured into it. She felt the Holy Ghost and knew for surety that the Book of Mormon is true. It was a beautiful experience. Maybe I’ll write more about it next time but I’ve got to go!

Love you all!

Hermana Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment