Saturday, December 10, 2011

Some slightly sad news

Dear Family, 5 Dec 2011

Guess what… we've got a new rule and the mission that says we can't be on the internet for more than 30 minutes. That means we have to write the mission president, report our data, and our write our families in a half hour. So it’s going to be tough. My letters are going to be a lot shorter from now on but I’m going to try to prepare better so i can write more. So what I’m going to do is not read your letters while I’m on the internet. i will just take pictures of the screen and read them after. Then i will respond to what you write the next week. So if you want me to respond to something sooner, just write something in the subject and I'll read it while I’m on the internet…but if not, I'll get to it next week.

Anyways, about my week…this week was great! even though it was freezing. Even though it doesn't snow or anything here, I feel like it’s worse than Utah because they don’t have anything to heat the buildings so I have to sleep with a sweatshirt, socks, scarf...everything! haha, but this week was wonderful because we set 2 baptismal dates for a family. The Godoy family is really big and only about 2 or 3 of them are active in the church. So we went to their house to visit them and then we found out that the dad isn't a member and one of the youngest hasn't been baptized either. We talked to the dad (Mario) a bit about the church and he said that he didn't want to be baptized before because he wanted to be absolutely sure about his decision. We talked to him about baptism and also how he is the head of the family and how his family can be together and how he can recieve the priesthood if he is baptized. He was really receptive so we left him an assignment in the book of Mormon and returned a few days later. He had read the assignment and said he has a testimony of the restoration and we invited him and his daughter to be baptized December 24 right in time for Christmas! Yay! It is a miracle seeing the changes he's made and that finally this family will be united together in their faith.

Hope you are all doing well,

Love you lots!

Hermana Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment