Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday, 12 March 2012

Dear Family, 12 March 2012

So, I wanted to tell you all more about Felix. Felix is 53 and we first met her husband in the street. They live close to her house. He was really receptive and said he was willing to listen but when we asked if we could teach him with his wife, he was a little hesitant. "I don’t think she will want to listen but you can try." The first few times we tried to visit them she was pretty closed off and hard to talk to but as we talked to her a little bit more she started to warm up. One night we stopped by their house to teach them and only she was home but we decided to teach her without her husband. As we started talking to her, we found out that she doesn’t believe in God. Or at least she’s not sure if he exists. She never grew up in a religious home and she’s read a lot of material on religion and has a hard time with the fact that there are a lot of churches and confusion. The second time we visited them both of them were home but only Francisco sat down to listen. Felix was cooking in the kitchen. Francisco was really interested in what we taught and understood everything so well. When we started talking the Book of Mormon, Felix popped into the room and started asking us questions. We noticed a change in her and she seemed sincerely interested in knowing if it was true. We told her she could know if it was true by praying. I asked her if she believed God could answer her prayers and she said she wasn’t sure. We read Alma 22 vs 18 and told her about the king who wasn’t sure either and how he prayed to know. Yesterday we visited her and she said she had prayed and her faith is growing a lot.

This week we’ve been teaching Dina and Tina a lot. They accepted the invitation to be baptized on the 24! They went to church yesterday and really liked it. They are the best! Dina is 32 and Jose is 28 I think. They are planning on getting married soon. Please .keep them in your prayer that everything can go smooth before their baptism.

So I’ve heard that you can know if you speak fluently if you start speaking in the language in your sleep. Apparently I scared Hermana Per really bad because I had woken her up twice this week. The first time shouting in Spanish, “What! Why! I don’t know what’s happening to me!” Who knows what I was dreaming then last night she said I was mumbling stuff and she could only hear me repeating, “Jesucristo”. I’m glad the second dream sounded a lot better.

Anyways, I’ve got to get off this computer now.

Love you all,

Hermana Jackson

Hermana Jackson and Marizol, Mar 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment