Monday, April 23, 2012

Monday, 23 April 2012

Dear Family, Monday, 23 April 2012

Luis received the priesthood yesterday. We’re going to arrange plans for him to baptize Jose Santos next week.

So as you can see in the one photos I sent, we chopped down a tree as a service project for one of the members. Her name is Rosa and you can see her in 3rd picture but the big leaf is covering her face. And yes, that is a machete in my hand. I’m smiling in the picture because I couldn’t contain my laughter because obviously I don’t know how to use a machete. But my companion sure does. She was chopping away like crazy! The first photo is of Mama and Papa Cruz, the members that live above. Mama Cruz is named Dulce which means sweet in Spanish. And that describes her perfectly. Papa Cruz or Fredi is crazy. He’s always teasing us and tries to steal our food when we’re eating. He often sings

to us “Mis queridas hijas…” translation- My dear daughters. That sounds kind of weird in English. I guess it kind of sounds weird in Spanish but that’s just the way he is. He’s a lot of fun. The lights go out a lot here in Talanga there’s a rule that we have to go home if it’s after 6 in the evening. We have a little tradition that we always go upstairs when the lights go out and Papa Cruz tells us stories from his mission. It’s great. It also helps remember how great this calling is and what a privilege it is to serve. I love this work.

Hermana Jackson


No comments:

Post a Comment