Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday 1 July 2012


Dear Family,                                                                      1 July 2012
So, I wanted to tell you a Little bit more about Seydi and her baptism.  A few weeks ago, right before she decided she wanted to be baptized, I asked her how her life has changed since she started learning about the gospel.  This is what she told us (according to my journal entry), “I am such a happier person now.  I feel like living and have the energy to move forward.  I’m more self-disciplined and I feel more responsible.   I have greater self-esteem.   I feel the presence of God stronger in my life.  There is a better spirit in my home.  I’m a more patient person and I don’t get angry as I used to.  Before I could hardly sleep because of the fear of robbers coming into my house (she’s had a few bad experiences in the past) but now I sleep just fine because I feel the protection of the Lord in my life.  Now I feel peace and fear doesn’t occupy my thoughts. I can feel my faith building every day.”  
These are the blessings that come directly from living the gospel.  I’m so gratefully that the Lord gave me the privilege of knowing Seydi and teaching her this message of peace and joy.  I really didn’t realize she had felt these changes in her life until she told us and now my faith has grown.  My desire to find more people to teach has grown so that I they can feel these changes in their life.  I hope we can all feel what Seydi has felt.  There is a great difference between going to church and learning about the gospel and actually applying it into our lives until it changes who we are.  She’s been a great example to me of living what she learns  and appreciating the joys of life.
Hope you all have a great week and can stop and notice the joy and blessings that the gospel has brought into your lives.
Love,
Hermana Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment