Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday 23 July 2012


         23 July 2012
Mom, you're right… I never told you where my companion is from.  She's from Highland, Utah and she's a lot of fun.  She was a park ranger in Nevada and gave cave tours and she loves adventures.  It’s really fun being her companion because she's all up for looking for people to teach up in the mountain part of Talanga.  Sometimes we feel like hikers because we now have a couple of investigators that live WAY up at the top of a hill and you can see all of Talanga and a bunch of other cities for that view.  It’s a really beautiful hike up to their house.  So yeah, we are enjoying ourselves.  I have learned so much from Hermana Duncan about missionary work and the gospel and things about myself that I didn't even realize.  This is our last week in this transfer and I really don't want to get transferred but I think it might happen. I especially don't want to get transferred because I’m really attached to the Palacios family.  (Josue and Melisa)  They are a young family about our age but we've really gotten close to them and gained a lot of trust too.  This week was a little tough because Josue went to Guatemala and we haven't had the chance to teach him since he went to Church last Sunday and he didn't go to church yesterday but Melisa told us that he really wanted to.  So I guess the good thing is that he still wants to go to Church and learn about the Gospel but we just need the chance to actually teach him to help get to baptism.  We have an appointment tonight.  Keep praying for them.  One of the big obstacles is paying for their wedding.  It’s really expensive because the paper work is a little more complicated because he’s from Guatemala.  But I know it will all work out.

Thanks for your prayers!

Hermana Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment