Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hermana Jackson Monday 28 Nov 2011



Dearest Family,                                                                      28 Nov 2011
I hope you all had a fantastic giving.   There are all these smiley faces on this email but this computer is a little messed up and I can't figure out how to get it to stop doing that.  Anyways, that’s too bad that Shirley's kids were sick but I hope you all have a happy turkey day on Sunday.  (I wrote turkey day instead of the other name because i do, these weird smiley faces pop up)  But well, this week we had 2 baptisms.  Yay!  Jaime y Mario.  They are sons of Sandra who was inactive for years until the past couple of months that we've been visiting her.  She's the one in the photo with the yellow sweater.  So now she's back and active in the church and lets us teach her kids.  The only one we weren't able to baptize was her oldest, Keren.  She's the one standing next to me.  We were teaching her for a while but she had a lot of doubts about the book of Mormon and didn't want to go to church.  She started going to a different church instead and became really distant from us.  We've been praying a lot lately that she can soften heart and give it another chance.  Our prayers were answered!  She showed up to Jaime and Mario’s baptism and saw one of our pamphlets and asked if she could read it.  Then she told her mom that she wanted to go to church with the family.  After church she said she wanted to go to seminary (even though it starts at 5 am) and that she was willing to let us teach her again.  She still has a few doubts but it truly I a miracle that she has changed her mind.  We're hoping that she is our next baptism.  Also in the photo on the right is Oscar.  He is a recent convert that the elders taught.  He is the father of Sandra's 2 youngest.  He recently received the priesthood and got to exercise it for the first time with Norman's baptism and here with Jaime and Mario.  It was really special.
I know that the gospel is true and that its principles and ordinances bless families.  I'm so grateful to have been blessed to have been born into such an awesome family with all the blessings that the gospel brings.  I love you all so much!

Hermana Jackson

P.s. the other photo is of Julio.  He is one of Sandra’s youngest and likes to dance like Michael Jackson.  I tried to capture him in the act but it just doesn't do it justice.  haha


________________________________I thought I would share this note Rachel sent to me today also__________________________
 
Dear Mom,              28 Nov 2011
I'm to hear that you are still fighting the cold and I'm sad to hear about Becca too!  Poor thing!  I hope she gets better soon.  But I know she is in good hands, Dr. Mom!  Sounds like you had a lot of fun with the YSA guests.  It was fun reading about that…and also that you invited Mary Pletsch to the Training Center.  I bet she just loves it!
Well, the weather here is off and on…cold and rainy or hot and sunny.  It’s always changing.  Sound familiar?  I know Utah can be that way.  And no, we didn't get to celebrate thanksgiving here. I just tried not to think about it and get lost in the work but I really do miss our family dinners.  Also, I have some semi sad news.  I looked at my card that tells me my official date that I return from the mission and it says December 4th!  So I guess I don’t get to celebrate turkey day you guys next year. Kind of sad huh.  But that is the closest day we have transfers.  At least I get to be there for Christmas!!
Love you Mom!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment