Monday, May 28, 2012

28 May 2012


Dear Family,                28 May 2012
I’ve got more stories about Doris for you all.  The other day we taught her a lesson about missionary work and how she can help out even though she’s not a missionary.  She gave us 2 references and was really excited.   Then she said something profound “I talk to my neighbors all the time about the church and about the missionaries. I tell them, “There’s are not just 2 of them that go around, there’s 3.  Christ walks with them where ever they go.  He is always with those sisters in everything they do.”  It really impacted me because that week our Mission President visited our zone meeting and  I can’t remember if it was him or one of the assistants that said something similar.  He told us that as we go door to door we have to remember that we’re not the only ones at that doorstep trying to find people but that Christ is with us in this work.   So we shouldn’t be discouraged because we are doing His work and He is in it with us every step of the way.”  So when Doris mentioned that it reassured me the truthfulness of that statement and I felt peace knowing that people can really recognize that we are representatives of Jesus Christ.
Love you all!
Hermana Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment