Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Transfers


Dear Family,                                                                                                  7 May 2012

Transfers are on Wednesday and Hermana Claveria has to leave.  But guess what, she only has to pack her bags and cross the road to the other side of Talanga!  There are two branches here in Talanga and each branch has 2 sets of missionaries, one pair of elders and one pair of sisters in each branch.  So she's going to be with sister Guyant on the other side of the road and her Companion Hermana Perdido is going to cross the street with her luggage to be my companion.  It’s crazy, we basically just swapped companions.  We were are all really excited because the 4 of us all get along really well and neither of us wanted to leave. 

I want to share an experience I had that I think Mom will especially appreciate.  Last week we visited Doris, our recent convert.  We taught her about Temples and Family history work.  It was the first time she had ever heard about temples and after explaining what we do in the temples she stopped us in mid-sentence and was like "Wait, let me get this straight.  You guys submit names of people that have passed away and the work that you do in the temple gives them the chance to be saved?"  We were like "Yeah, that’s exactly right."  And as soon as we said that she put her hands on her heart and gasped with joy.  "There's hope!" she said.  Before she knew about the Church, her preachers told her that all the people who died without knowing Christ had no chance of being saved and go straight to hell.  She said "This makes sense!  What a beautiful concept!  I'm going to submit my mother’s name and grandmother’s name and my grandfather."  She went on and on.  Then she pointed at the picture of the Salt Lake Temple that I had in my hands and said, "Temples show that there is hope."  Her words stuck with me and really impacted me.  It changed my perspective of temples.  It is so true.  The ordinances of the restored gospel that we do in the Temple are the greatest source of hope for all people that have ever lived.  I'm so grateful to be sealed to my family and that we can do this work for all of our ancestors. 

Love,
Hermana Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment