Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday 21 May 2012


Dear Family,                                                      21 May 2012
I've now passed my one year mark. Wahoo!  It goes by really fast!  Jose Santos was baptized on Saturday.  It was crazy because we had do haul water from outside again.  But everything turned out great and he's really happy.  The picture 1st picture I attached is of Jose, his mom, and his sister Maria and brother Carlos.  Carlos is absolutely adorable and I want to take him home with me.  But I’m pretty sure that’s against the mission rules.  But his mom went to church for the first time in 8 years!  We're hoping she keeps coming back and that she can help her kids grow up learning the gospel.  I'm pretty sure Carlos is going to help her because he turns 8 in July and really wants to be baptized.  I'm pretty sure Seidi is going to be baptized this Saturday, if not this Saturday, sometime really soon because she is progressing sooo much.  She even told us that she fasted this week for the first time in her life.  Her daughter was sick and she wanted to offer a special prayer and fast.  I don't think I’ve ever taught an investigator that’s actually fasted before their baptism.  Anyways, she shared with us some experiences that she had with the spirit while she was working that day and that when she ended her fast, her daughter was cured from the sickness she had.  Her testimony has grown so much!
Love you all
Hermana Jackson


No comments:

Post a Comment