Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Monday 9 Jan 2012

Dear Family, 9 Jan 2012


Hermana Nava went home this week. Her last day here the lights went out. So she had to pack up all her stuff in the dark with just a few candles and we had to get up at 2:30 in the morning to make it to Tegucigalpa at 8. It was pretty crazy. So, now I am training a new missionary and her name is Hermana Per, pronounced like “pear”. She is from Guatemala and she is absolutely adorable. I’m so excited to train her these next 3 months. I found out that I actually met her before and didn’t realize it! My friend in the MTC, Hermana Mosco, lived in Guatemala for 4 months serving in a language program. She lived with Hermana Per and her family while she was there. While we were in the Guatemala MTC, Hermana Per and her brother were given permission to visit Hermana Masco for 2 minutes outside of the MTC gate and I had to accompany her that day. I think I was her temporary companion for the day or something. So I remember seeing Hermana Per and her brother but I had no idea she would be my companion someday! She didn’t even have her mission call at that point! Small world. Anyways, she is just great. She speaks Spanish, English, and a Mayan language called Cakchichel. I asked her to say a few phrases and it sounds crazy! It’s like French mixed with a bunch of other languages. Anyways, that all I have time to write today. I’ll attach a photo of her so you can see what she looks like.


Love you all!

Hermana Jackson


P.s. Dad, new years was pretty crazy. They set off fireworks alllll night. I slept just fine (with ear plugs) That’s so fun that you took the boys for a fly in the plane. I bet they just loved that!

Ok, so it won't let me attach the photo right now. I’ll try next time. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment