Monday, August 8, 2011

Estoy in Honduras

Monday, July 25, 2011

Dear Familia,
Ok, once again, i don´t have a lot of time because i had to get my emai set up here everything so sorry this isn´t as long as I´d like it to be. So, yeah. We flew to El Salvador as a connecting flight to get to tegucigalpa. it was lovely. We weren´t there for very long but I thought shirley would be happy to hear that i´ve been to her mission. one more country to put down on the list. check! So, now I´m here in Honduras. I´ve survived the first few days! its been tough but i´m sure i´ll get the hang of it some day...I hope. My entrenadora is Hermana Alvarado. She is from Guatemala and she speaks some English. Yes! Tender mercy! I still don´t know whats going on half the time becasue she explains everything in spanish most of the time unless i know she said something important, i ask her to repeat it in english. Sometimes we have a hard time communicating, but its getting better. My area is called Comayagua. Its one of the biggest areas so we do A LOT of walking! They also say its one of the hottest, so pretty much i´m sweating all the time and i´ve come to terms with the fact that i need to get used to sitting in my own sweat all the time. We live in a house that is bigger than i expected it to be. it has 2 bedrooms and bathrooms but its just us that live there. We can only use on light in our apartement because we have to pay for the electricity bill so its really dark most of the time. This week I took my first bucket shower. Yipee! Its not as bad as i thought it would be. This area has quite the variety of homes. We live more int the cityish area but often we walk out in the hills and countryside where people live in really humble living conditions. I expected to see dirt floors and such but its different when you actually walk into someones home and get to know the people. hermano jose lives in this area and his home has nothing to it really but he is sooo amazing! he is a recent convert and is so involved with the missionaries and gives us a new referral every day. We found two new families today and set a baptismal date. We also had a ton of people come to church. my companion said that this week was unusually successful so that was really neat to see all these people progressing. Something i´m really surpized with is how accepting of the message these people are. All most anyone will let us into their home and treat us like they´ve always known us. The people are very friendly and open. I really admire their faithfulness and willingness to accept the gospel. I really don´t know how i would react if two strangers showed up at my door. i´d probably close the door on them. but these people are so great. I´m really grateful for the oportunity i have to be here. I know that heavenly father is aware of me and my needs and he knows my potential and what things I´m capable of doing as his servant. its hard for me to see my potential and capabilities, but i know that in his hands, i can do whatever he wants me to do. I know that he loves us and wants us to progress and be happy. I know that this gospel is to teach us how to be like Him and be happy. I have a tetimony that when we keep his commandments, even when it doesn´t seem logical, he blesses us so much. Hopefully i can prepare more to write next time and give you a little more, but i´ve got to go wash my laundry (by hand!)

Love you all so much! Thanks for your prayers.

Hermana Jackson




No comments:

Post a Comment