Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy August!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Dear Family,
Thanks so much for the e-mails! I love hearing from all of you. Rex and Emily, congrats on moving into your new house. Thats great! Dad, it sounds like you've had a great time. Wisconson, boating, that is so fun! i would love to see pictures (yeah, we're allowed to have them sent to us) Mom, I hope the geneology conference went well. I admire your diligence in seeking the spirit in you work. Your work really is missionary work. Keep it up!
Since i dont much time, I'll just give a quick synopsis of the week. President Flores assigned his daughter to be a trio with Hermana Alvarado and I this week. She is 17 and serving as a "mini misionera" for just a week. We're not sure why he wanted her to be with us since I've only had 2 weeks in the field and she's training me. I felt bad because she had to take care of both of this week and do most of the work as usual since we don't really know whats going on. But it has been really good. Hermana Flores is wonderful and she's given me a lot of hope about the language. Her english is really good so it was nice to be able to communicate thoroughly and expresss my self in english a little bit.
I experienced my first babtism this week! Yay! Kimberly and Alexandra. There mom is a recent convert but has been able to make it to church very much so we had the chance to teach them. Kimberly is 15 and Alexandra is 12. I'm so happy for them! Even though I can't communicate with them we've really connected. They are darling. I'll try to attach a photo if I have time. It was interesting preparing the baptism because someone left water in the font from a month ago and it was all nasty. Because the drain is on the bottom, hna alvarado had to walk down in the water and stand on it for a long time to drain because it was broken. Eww! Poor thing. haha.
Well, I'm grateful for the privelage I have to be apart of this work and to learn more about the gospel and share it with others. I'm so grateful we have a loving heavenly father that wants all of his children to enjoy his blessings.
Love you all!
Hermana Jackson
p.s. hrmna flores is the one on the left in black and white and alexandra is the shorter one in white. kimberly is the taller.
also, the other 2 pics are the streets that we normally walk home on after emailing but we obviously had to take another route. Crazy eh?!





No comments:

Post a Comment