Monday, August 8, 2011

Lots of Rain

Monday, August 1, 2011

Dear Family,

I hope you got my last emails. I didn´t get any from you this week. Hope everything is ok. Well, its been another week of hard work. We walk up in los laureles almost every day. Los laureles is an area that has a ton of hills and is more countrysideish. It is beautiful! I wish I could take a picture of it but I can´t take my camera out on any other day but p day. This week I was lucky because we had a ward activity and our district leaders told us we could bring our cameras with us that day so i got the chance to take some pictures of the bethancourt area. I´m getting a lot of exercise here. We go all over the place! During the ward activity it starting POURING and we got soaked! i´ll try to link a photo if i have time. We´ve had a lot of rain lately. I washed my laundry this week and it took FOREVER! It made me really grateful for washing machines. I feel like some of my clothes turned out dirtier than what they started as after being on our clothes line, but whatever. Better get used to it.

I killed my first cokroach this week. He was a big one. I´m getting used to the bugs though. Its been funny being in homes with animals crawling around. This week my companion and I were teaching in a home and during the prayer, their duck started nibbling on my leg. I had to hold back from laughing in the middle of the prayer. Yeah, its been interesting, but i like it. Last night I saw glow worms for the first time. They were so cool! Mostly what I love about this place is the people here. They really are just so friendly and loving. I´m starting to get to know the members better. At first all of the names were just a blurr. Since this is such a big area, there are so many people to keep track of. At first I really struggled to know whos name was what and what their situation was. My trainer goes really fast and starts explaining our plans in spanish and i had a hard time understanding who was who. I´m starting to get it down. We have 4 baptismal dates set. We were going to have a baptism last week but she decided she needed to leave town last minute so that was sad. But hopefully we´ll get another date set up for her. We´re also teaching teaching to girls who´s mother is a recent convert. They have made a lot of progress. Our other investigator is a daughter of a recent convert to but she didn´t make it to church yesterday so we´re praying she can continue to come. (she lives really far) We´re also teaching a man Nacho. He will be married soon so that he can be baptized. His wife to be is a recent convert. ´We´ve spent a lot of time trying to get their marriage papers ready to go. I´ve learned a lot this week and my testimony of the restored gospel is growing. You really do internalize things more when you teach them. Even though I stumble on my spanish a ton during our lessons, i´m grateful i get the chance to share my testimony. They can at least understand the spirit of my message if the rest of it doesn´t make sense. These people have a lot of faith and they are such great examples to me. At times i´ve felt in a panic about not being able to speak spanish or understand what these people are saying, but the Lord has blessed me with peace and hope. I learning to really put my trust in the Lord and humble myself to let him make what he wants with me.

Well, I hope all is well and hope to hear from you next week!

Love,

Hermana Jackson


No comments:

Post a Comment